Tuesday 10 August 2010

VSCC Prescott Hill Climb 2010 Report

Vauxhall 30/98 Special at Shelsley Walsh 1913 (Acrylic on Board)

Done as a live painting session this piece was based on a photograph of the Vauxhall 30/98 Special on its last record breaking run at the Shelsley Walsh circuit.. According to some poeple it was rumoured to have a speed boat engine under the bonnet, as Vauxhall were making speedboats at the time.
Not sure how much more needs to be done to this really I like the loose feel.

Morgan Super Aero once owned by Henry Laird

The body of this Morgan was once owned by the famous Henry Laird, it still sports the original Union Jack on the side. The had lain dormant for 50 years and is now running and looking great.


Caesar Special as campaigned by Doc Taylor

GN
Brough Superior Car
Frazer Nash
Bentley
Bugatti

I had a really great time at the Prescott Hill Climb where I spent most of the time on the stall painting at my stall. I managed to catch the last few runs up the hill, one of which was James Baxter who broke the course record for the second time that day (just over 40 seconds).
I met loads of interesting people especially Spencer and Hazel who ran the stall next door. Thanks to My wife for taking the pictures above and making the tea, and also thanks to my father in law Nick for helping out.

I also finally met Stefan Majoram. A fantastic artist who was sketching in the paddock. To see more of his work please have a look at his Flickr site:



No comments:

Post a Comment