Wednesday 21 May 2014

Bike Shed Event III Preview


Here's a sneak preview of my large ink painting which is going to be on display at this weekends Bike Shed Event III (24th - 25th May). The piece features bikes from the previous two Bike Shed shows and is as a celebration of the show so far. It's also an excuse to do a bloody big ink sketch!

The painting is an evolution of my large scale work that started with the Pane's Yard piece. I've started using abstract elements and I'm trying to push away from the straight portrait format. A large piece like this is a perfect playground for this kind of practice as I have time to let the piece evolve. I've also started reusing techniques from my 2010 ink paintings. I'm really enjoying the process and hope to do a lot more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment