Tuesday 1 April 2014

Kingdom of Kicks Shop Opening

I first visited Kingdom of Kicks after an after party for the Bike Shed Event last year. When I heard that they had a shop opening I was keen to go and see how the store turned out and catch up with some London chums. For those of you that don't know Kingdom of Kicks is the brain child of all round Australian good guy and bike builder James, head over to their website to see more of what they are about. The Store and workshop reside on an industrial estate near Hackney Wick, a part of the old industrial area that survived the Olympic take over. 

(ink sketch)
First sketch of the day was executed across the road at another custom bike shop Muff Customs, whilst WAITING for Mr Chester Belter (Rich). This Honda Express was resting in the shadows of some more imposing bikes. Muff have a great coffee shop where I sampled a tasty mushroom medley courtesy of Rich! Whilst sampling the delights of Muff I also had a rather amusing conversations about pipe wrap with Jon Tremlett the illustrator and maker who's website Soul Craft Candy is chock full of amusing cartoons and insights to his creative life. After hearing the roar of bikes as the ride out returned we headed over to Kingdom of Kicks to see what bikes had turned up....

Demon Lung's Triumph
(ink sketch)

I only managed one sketch at the actual event as it's very odd sketching in a purely social environment, but I'm glad I did as I managed to capture Rory's latest incarnation of his Triumph, which I helped transport to Dirt Quake II last year. Since Dirt Quake this bike has been written off and rebuilt in various ways, it's a constantly evolving and hard working bike.

Here's more bikes...

 A smart Honda Four
 I loved the simplicity of this BSA.
 Harley Chopper
 Spot the Dog
 Jame's current mule
 Toshi's fantastic Rudge Pathfinder



No comments:

Post a Comment